The Crater Region has two Workforce Centers, also known as One-Stop Centers. These centers offer employment guidance, training and placement services to job seekers and employers throughout the Crater Regional Planning District and the Emporia/Greensville area.
Our Workforce Centers serve residents in the cities of Colonial Heights, Emporia, Hopewell and Petersburg, as well as the counties of southern Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Greensville, Prince George, Sussex and Surry.
VIRGINIA WORKFORCE CENTER – Emporia/Greensville
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
VIRGINIA WORKFORCE CENTER – Petersburg (Satelite Office)
Toll Free 1.866.270.9183
Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Wednesday & Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm.
WORKFORCE CENTER SERVICES
Our trained professionals help job seekers use the career guidance services that can work best for them at any stage in a job search. We are committed to providing personalized, responsive services to meet the needs of job seekers and business. Information and referrals to community and partner resources are also available to our customers.
Services Available to Job Seekers
- Financial Aid Information
- Computer Usage
- Internet & E-mail Access
- Information on Training Program
- Resume Development Materials
- Labor Market Information
- Limited Free Local Faxing & Copying
- Newspapers, Magazines, Books
- Career Guidebooks & Job Search Reference Materials
- Job Service Registration
- Unemployment Insurance Information
- Local Telephone Usage
- Resume Assistance & Development
- Critiquing of Resume
- Job Search Workshops
- Career Counseling & Exploration
- Career Interest and Skills Testing
- Personalized Career Plans
- Basic Computer Workshop
- Job Networking
- Job Matching